Quick Links For...


Registration FAQ's

Are freshmen required to live on campus?
No, but housing is available for those who wish to reside on campus.

Is there any testing requirement to be able to register for classes?
Yes. If you have not passed TAAS/TAKS, you will be dropped from all your registered courses

Where can I take the ASSET or THEA exam?
At the University Testing Center, located in the Education Building, Room 007.

Should I have my transcript sent to the University, or may I bring it in person?
Transfer students: Your transcript must be sent by the issuing institution, to TSU's Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Freshman students: Your transcript may be sent by the issuing high school, or you may deliver it by hand in a sealed envelope from your high school.

How much money do I need to pay out of pocket as a first installment payment?
At least fifty percent (50%) of the total cost of tuition and fees is required at the time of registration.

If I am interested in loans, will I need to submit an application?
First time borrowers must complete a loan application and sign a master promissory note (MPN) from Texas Guarantee before a loan check is released to the University.

What is the refund policy for dropping a course but remaining enrolled at the University?
If you drop one or more classes in the first 12 days of the semester, you may be eligible for a 100% refund of tuition and designated tuition fees only. However, this may impact your continued eligibility for financial aid.

© 2010 Texas Southern University, all rights reserved
3100 Cleburne Street, Houston, TX 77004
Phone: 713-313-7071 Fax: 713-313-7471 E-mail: admissions@tsu.edu