Texas Uniform Admission Standards
Per state law, TEC 51.803-51.809, Uniform Admissions Standards (UAS) require all students meet one of the following college readiness standards in order to be eligible for consideration for admission at a Texas Four-Year Public Institution.
- Successfully complete the Recommended or Advanced (Distinguished) High School Program; or complete the portion of the program that was available to them; or
- Successfully complete a curriculum that is equivalent* in content and rigor to the recommended or advanced (distinguished) high school program at a high school that is exempt from offering such programs; or
- Satisfy the College Readiness Benchmarks on the SAT or ACT assessment:
- SAT- 1500 out of 2400 (Verbal + Math + Writing)
- ACT- 18 English, 21 Reading, 22 Mathematics and 24 Science
*In order to claim curriculum equivalencies for a student applicant, the high school counselor or other school official must complete one of the two Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board exemption forms and attach the completed certification to the student’s high school transcript or diploma prior to submission to the admissions office. Click here to complete forms
Students 18 years or older may be eligible to earn a GED through an adult school education program. For more information or to find a location near you go online at
www.ged.com or contact the TSU Testing Center.
Texas Southern University
3100 Cleburne Avenue
Houston, Texas 77004
What Are the Application Deadlines?
- Fall: July 15
- Spring: November 15
- Summer I: May 15
- Summer II: June 15