At Texas Southern University (TSU), early admission policy is designed to give high school students with outstanding academic performance an opportunity to enroll in regular college courses for credit toward graduation while they are still in high school. Students can enroll either during the summer session following the junior year in high school, or in the fall of the senior year. The student must take high school courses concurrently while enrolled as a part-time student at TSU.
Early Admissions Requirements:
- Successful completion of the 11th grade
- Evidence of a level of academic achievement that promises successful completion of college work. Applicants must have passed all portions of the Exit-Level Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS) examination with Mathematics 2200, English Language Arts 2200, and writing score of 3
- Recommendation from a high school guidance counselor or principal
- Earned a minimum SAT total score of 1070; verbal 500 and math 500
- ACT composite score of 23 and English 19 and math 19